Water ionizer prices
Water ionizer prices
I would like to get my wife a water ionizer as a present for our silver wedding anniversary. Whilst searching I found a price range from 40 € to over 3000 €. Is the cheapest one the worst and the most expensive one the best?
- The definition “water ionizer”, which appeared around 30 years ago, originally defines electrolysis cells with a diaphragm, with which at least two sorts of electrolyte water can be produced, which today refer to alkaline and acidic activated water.
- These electrolyte waters were registered in Germany as specialty medicines, but one didn’t know why they worked. There was also only a small plant that produced it.
- As the technical production improved and the domestically capable electrolysis devices were distributed, pH metres were used, to demonstrate the change in water from the devices to the clients. With electrolysis, water molecules are divided into water ions H+ and OH-, so people started to talk of water ionizers. The ratio of both water ions is determined by the measurable pH value.
- Among experts “alkaline ionized water” was the talk, whilst in everyday life the cation part of the electrolysis water was simply termed as “alkaline water”. Many sales people argued the term always with pH measurements and especially in Japan the talk of over acidifying was popular. With that, the words “water ionizer” were gradually associated with the production of “alkaline water”, without differentiating it from a chemical lye. This is how we reached today’s product confusion.
- Alkaline water can be produced very easily, even without diaphragm electrolysis. To that, no acidity is extracted from the water, a chemical is added, which makes the water alkaline. The diversity of these running board products, which are also offered as water ionizers, I have labeled and analysed under the heading —> chemical water ionizers.
- The term “water ionizer” cannot be registered and is therefore used, contrary to its purpose, for the chemical water additives, which thanks to its skilled packaging gives the impression of bestowing a device. The experts endeavour a more exact conceptualisation, for no agreement prevails. I have formed the artistic concept for an electrolytical water ionizer Hydrionator® and have had it registered. Every manufacturer of such a device can receive from me a free right of use. I don’t see any other kind of way of eliminating the confusion in the market.
- What you should give your wife as a present is a water ionizer based on diaphragm electrolysis. There are simple —> batch ionizers with two electrodes and flow through devices with built in pre-filters and an —> electrolysis cell with numerous —> electrodes. Comfortable devices with automatic de-calcification and year long guarantees cost around 2000 € (as of 2014). I would not pay more. So the most expensive is not the best.
- Let yourself be advised by an expert who doesn’t have any other water preparation techniques up his/her sleeve. By means of a drinking water analysis, your connection situation and the financial possibilities, an optimal solution will be found for you. With a flow through device you should watch out for an exact rate of flow display showing in real time. This is the most important prerequisite for the device to operate efficiently.
Excerpt from the book “Karl Heinz Asenbaum: Electrically activated water – An invention with extraordinary potential.”
Copyright 2016 www.euromultimedia.de
Link to this post | Japanese water ionizers