Replacement filter No. 1 (activated carbon pre-filter), No. 2 (reverse osmosis membrane), No. 3 (activated carbon post-filter) or No. 3 pH+ (activated carbon post-filter including pH value increase)
suitable only for those Osminion® Direct Flow 600 GPD reverse osmosis system
The water filters of the Osminion Direct Flow reverse osmosis system should be changed regularly.
- The video shows how to open the filter housings, remove the old filters and insert the new filters.
- After changing the filter, the device should be informed of the change so that the internal counting system can be reset.
- After changing the filter, the water should be left running for 10 to 20 minutes.
- The device has an LED display that shows the status of the filters and alerts the user when a filter change is necessary.
Filter change & filter reset | Osminion® Direct Flow osmosis system with pH value increase & H2 increase
Which replacement filters and at what intervals should the filters of the Osminion Direct Flow reverse osmosis system be changed?
Basically, tap water is NOT deadly toxic and full of contaminants or anything like that. It's quite clean. It is therefore sufficient to only replace the first filter every 1 months, as this does the main filter work.
It is not the 2nd filter, the reverse osmosis membrane, that filters pollutants, but the 1st and that. 3 filters, both activated carbon filters. For more information on the topic of osmosis, please listen to the audio video here on this FAQ page or here: www.aquacentrum.de/trinkwasseraufbereitung-was-du-wissen-solltest-podcast-mit-peakwolf-ch-und-yasin/
That's why the membrane filter can be changed after 2 years at the earliest, even 3 years wouldn't be an issue. The older the membrane, the more minerals will “flow through” it, but from my point of view this is more of a positive thing. After the membrane, it is filtered again through the third filter through activated carbon media, and also externally, with the H2 shuttle pH+, which brings even more advantages:
- pH value increase to pH 9 or even up to pH10, in the first 2 weeks after changing the filter
- including H2 content so antioxidant, more antioxidant than other flow H2 generators or electric water ionizers
- The different ceramics also “energize” or “vitalize” the water, resulting in water that tastes softer.
- Some ceramics also protect against germ contamination in the H2 Shuttle pH+ filter
This means you can change the filter Osminion Direct Flow 600 GPD carry out at the following intervals:
- Filter, activated carbon pre-filter, change every 6 months
- Filter, reverse osmosis membrane, every 24-36 months or later
- Filter, activated carbon post-filter with pH neutralization, every 12 months
- external filter, H2 Shuttle pH+, every 6 months if you want to continue drinking antioxidant and alkaline water above pH 9.