Installation of Aquaphor® Modern table-top filter including heavy metal filtering
Aquaphor® Modern table-top filter | The filter revolution has begun
The AQUAPHOR® Modern is designed as an effective and very cost-effective table-top filter to achieve perfectly tasted and purified drinking water, especially in countries with chlorinated tap water.
In addition to improving the quality of tap water as drinking water, the quality of the water used is also of particular importance when preparing coffee, tea and food.
The optimal pH value for tea and coffee water, for example, is given as around 7. AQUALEN® activated carbon filters do not change the pH value.
The taste of drinking water also depends on many other factors:
Rust particles, pipe particles, sediments, isopods and other crustaceans and their corpses and waste, and much more
Filter performance | The AQUALEN® activated carbon
This video describes the performance of AQUALEN® very well.
For us the best filter media worldwide!
The AQUAPHOR® filter cartridge contains an innovative filter medium made of activated carbon with AQUALEN®, a modified fiber additive, protected by patent and removes a wide range of pollutants that may be contained in water.
Examples of substances that are largely removed are: Heavy metal ions, like for example lead which may be contained in the water in domestic water pipes due to installation.
This group of substances also includes iron, copper, cadmium and nickel. Substances that disrupt taste such as chlorine, if present, are also removed. The high performance is also achieved by avoiding the formation of channels [so-called. Channel effect in loose granular beds].
There is no outlet for a water swirler that can be installed, the only thing you can do is use stickers or symbols, etc. work.
The filters should be replaced every 6 months. Here you will find Replacement filter set for the Modern table-top filter
- Aquaphor Modern
- Incl. 2 AQUALEN filter cartridges, already installed in the filter
- Incl. diverter valve and
- 1 x M22/M24 Faucet Adapter
- 1 x universal tap adapter for clamping
- Please still unscrew your aerator / sieve piece and measure the thread. If it doesn't have an M24 internal thread or M22 external thread, you should get another one order this adapter
- Each filter creates a back pressure. If a pressure-sensitive component (e.g. a non-pressure-proof hot water tank, low-pressure boiler or instantaneous water heater) is connected upstream, the use must be checked by a professional. (100% only use cold water!)
- It is generally recommended to boil tap water for immunocompromised people and babies. This also applies to filtered water.
- Protect filters from frost and shock.
- For filtration with non-disinfected (chlorinated) water, we recommend systems with a germ barrier (0,1µm)
- After several days of non-use, rinse the filter for 5 minutes and allow stagnant water to drain out (approx. ½ liter) before each use.
Filter change marker >
There is a turntable on the housing cover to remind you when to change the filter next time.
With their help, the month of filter change can be set.
- Remove the aerator (spout strainer, aerator, aerator) from the outlet pipe of your faucet.
- Screw on the changeover valve with the enclosed seal:
> If the tap has an external thread (M22), the changeover valve can be screwed on directly.
> If the tap has an internal thread (M24), use the adapter (M22/M24).
> If your tap has a different thread or you use a special “designer” tap, we ask that you Here is one of the more special adapters to order straight away.
- Make sure the faucet is turned to cold water. You can direct the water to the filter using the lever on the diverter valve.
- Rinse the new table-top filter or after changing the filter for 5 to 10 minutes before using it for drinking water for the first time.
- For the best filter result, reduce the flow at the valve on your tap so that approx. 1,0 to 1,5 liters still flow through the filter.
Second installation video of the Aquaphor® Modern countertop filter mounted on the faucet
Video: Aquaphor® Modern Filter on conscious.tv
Video: Expert survey | Why an Aquaphor water filter?
AQUALEN® filter media – general information
In addition to improving the quality of tap water as drinking water, the quality of the water used is also of particular importance when preparing coffee, tea and food. The optimal pH value for tea and coffee water, for example, is given as around dH7. AQUALEN® activated carbon filters do not change the pH value. The taste of drinking water also depends on many other factors. The AQUAPHOR filter cartridge contains an innovative filter medium made of activated carbon with AQUALEN ®, a modified fiber additive that is protected by patent. It removes a wide range of pollutants that may be contained in water.
Examples of substances that are largely removed are heavy metal ions, such as lead, which can be contained in the water due to installation in domestic water pipes.
This group of substances includes iron, copper, cadmium and nickel. Substances that disrupt taste, such as chlorine, are also removed, if present. The high performance is also achieved by avoiding the formation of channels (so-called channel effect in loose granular materials)
Strong performance thanks to AQUALEN®
- Up to a percentage of:
- Chlorine: 100%
- Organic substances: 98%
- Phenol: 99%
- Pesticides: 95%
- Heavy metals: 98%
The product quality of the AQUAPHOR Modern was tested and certified in Germany by the LGA. (In other words thoroughly tested) LGA is a TÜV Rheinland company.
The AQUAPHOR Modern is designed as an effective and very cost-effective table-top filter to achieve perfectly tasted and purified drinking water, especially in countries with chlorinated tap water. Comparable to an airbag in a car.
The manufacturer AQUAPHOR®
is a leading filter and housing manufacturer for the American, Asian and European regions for POU and POE systems. Both in private households and for commercial and industrial applications.
The special quality is based on more than 30 international patents, which were developed by a team of scientists in our own chemical and microbiological laboratory facilities.
Appropriate control facilities are available for quality assurance (Protocol NSF 42, NSF 53 and EPA Microbiology).
Water filters are offered as OEM products for international device manufacturers.
TÜV tested manufacturer
Production takes place according to the quality management ISO 9001 – 2008 standard with certification from TÜV Essen.
AQUAPHOR TÜV certification, updated 2012
The management system EN ISO 9001: 2008 was certified by TÜV Nord [Germany], concerning:
> Marketing and sales of water filters and filter components
> Design, development and manufacturing of water filters and components
Design, development, production and sales of water filters and filter components certified by TÜV NORD, Essen, Germany in accordance with quality management ISO 9001: 2008. Recertified in 2012.