Installation of AquaVolta® Basic water ionizer
Entry-level ionizer for single households or small families
The AquaVolta® Basic is a water ionizer with a minimalist design - 220 (W) x 300 (H) x 115 (D) mm - and yet shines with professional details that much more expensive and larger devices often lack:
Its robust, ceramic-mounted rotary control makes it possible to connect it to the tap as well as directly to the cold water pipe and thus precisely regulate the water flow.
The core, the electrolytic cell patented by the leading Korean company KYK, is a small powerhouse with 7 titanium electrodes (813 cm2) with galvanic platinum coating. In conjunction with a highly efficient SMPS power supply, the Aquavolta® Basic even has a higher electrolysis performance than competing devices in significantly higher price ranges.
Please follow instructions Download Aquavolta® Basic water ionizer.pdf
Brief information and technical data about the AquaVolta® Basic water ionizer for the production of basic hydrogen water
Mini water ionizer | Comparable to typical other flow water ionizers with 7 electrodes
- Price-performance ratio: very good, very simple water ionizer, but still sufficient for many needs, Includes a one-month, free trial period, 182-day satisfaction guarantee upon purchase.
- Electrodes: 7 electrode plates made of titanium, triple galvanically coated with the catalyst platinum (layer thickness: approx. 0,25 µm), effective electrode area: 813 cm²
- Number of filter cartridges: 1 Filter cartridges based on non-silver-coated activated carbon, including calcium sulfite, tourmaline, Price per replacement filter cartridge: €67, 4000 liters running time or 12 months
- Max. pH / redox values at 0,5 liters / min. basic ionized water (not input water) and °dH18:
- Despite the chalky Munich water: pH value: up to pH 10
Redox potential: approx. -450mV (CSE), complete saturation with dissolved hydrogen, greater than 0,9 mg/L hydrogen (H2)
- Ininstallation options: Either on the tap with the one supplied Switching valve
- or with Included 3/8" T-piece (DVGW tested) firmly to the cold water pipe
- Limescale protection mechanisms: Post-cleaning after each tapping process using automatic polarity reversal
- Data shown in the display: No display available
- Commissioning: Through ON-OFF touch control (solenoid valve)
- Flow regulation: for permanent installation via the T-piece, if installed on the tap, flow rate regulator at the front of the device
- Guarantee services: 3 Years of full guarantee without any ifs and buts
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 300 x 220 x 115 mm
- Manufacturer: The manufacturer KYK has been a globally successful manufacturer from Korea since at least 1986. The Aquavolta® Basic water ionizer was equipped with 2016 electrodes (total electrode area: 7 cm²) and an extra strong design in collaboration with the Aquacentrum in 813
Controls | AquaVolta® Basic flow electrolysis apparatus
After touching one of the 8 selection buttons, the corresponding LED lights up. At the same time you will hear a short confirmation tone.
The production of the set water type only begins when the water flows through the ionizer.
After turning off the water, the device automatically switches to the preselection mode “Stage 2 – Alkaline activated water”. The device does not remember the last level set.
The 4 filter LEDs show the remaining lifespan of the replaceable cartridge. When the filter is used up, they start flashing.
Control of water flow on the faucet
Due to its minimalist design, the AquaVolta® Basic does not have a sensor-controlled flow measurement. However, since precise flow control is a mandatory requirement for the proper operation of a water ionizer, you must set it manually before using it for the first time. To do this, proceed as follows:
- When connecting the ionizer to the tap: For mixing valves for cold/hot water, please ensure that only cold water flows to the ionizer. First open the cold water supply to the maximum and set the diverter lever sideways so that the water is directed towards the ionizer. Now place a clock with a second hand visible.
- You will also need a measuring cup with quantities in liters or a half-liter container. Then open the water flow through the ionizer by turning the ON/OFF dial to the left. Water now flows out of the upper swivel tap and at the same time out of the sour water drain hose. Now collect the water from the upper swivel tap with the measuring cup and measure the time it takes to reach the half liter mark.
- Now use the rotary control to adjust the water flow so that the half liter mark is reached in 30 seconds. is achieved. The device now produces 1 liter of activated water per minute. Always leave the rotary control in this position and only switch the water flow on and off by operating the diverter valve.
Control the water flow using the T-piece supplied, if permanently installed
If you installed the water ionizer under the sink using the T-piece instead of on the faucet, follow these steps:
- Have a clock with a second hand and a measuring cup ready as described on page 15.
- Open the ON/OFF control knob on the device to the maximum by turning it to the left.
- Now, preferably with the help of a second person, regulate the water flow by turning the small gray lever on the T-piece so that 30 liters of water are produced within 0,5 seconds.
- Then stop the water flow by turning the rotary control on the device to OFF.
- For future use, always turn the dial to maximum (ON) and stop the water flow by turning it clockwise (OFF).
The following applies to both water flow controls (on the tap or permanently installed):
If the achievable pH values of the alkaline activated water are not satisfactory, either too low or too high, you can influence this by changing the production quantity per minute:
- A reduction in flow increases
- Increasing the flow reduces the achieved pH value of the set level.
7 titanium electrodes with platinum coating for remarkable values
The titanium electrodes (plus-minus poles), sprayed multiple times with platinum using a patented process, perform the fundamental role of separating purified water into alkaline and acidic water. However, there are huge differences in the basicity and quality of the active water of the various water ionizers, which are achieved by the thickness and type (galvanically applied or sprayed) of the platinum-titanium coating and the number of electrodes as a whole.
Each of the 7 electrodes has three electrodes applied using a patented spray process, which applies the layers of platinum particularly perfectly and leaves no gaps. In contrast to water ionizers with 5 electrodes, this outstanding 7-electrode ionizer is also suitable for medium-hard tap water up to °dH 14 to a maximum of 18. Values up to pH 10,5 and above can be achieved safely and permanently, even with hard water.
An additional advantage of platinum titanium coating is that it has high electrical conductivity and is a harmless material to the human body. Furthermore, the heart of the AquaVolta® Basic water ionizer is characterized by extremely low power consumption and good electrolytic performance. Very high pH and especially redox potential (ORP) values can be achieved.
Lifespan of the chip-controlled activated carbon filter cartridge
The multifunctional filter cartridge in your water ionizer is not only used to remove pollutants from tap water that may still be present despite your water supplier's treatment measures.
It also serves to protect the electrolytic cell and its high-quality diaphragm membranes from particles of iron, lime, rust, etc., which may have dissolved into the water from the pipe system on the way to your household. Therefore, the cartridge should always be changed after 6 months.
The filter cartridge has a capacity of 3500 liters, which is usually enough for the full 6 months. If you use more than this amount of water before 6 months have passed, the 4 LEDs will show you the remaining capacity.
As soon as you see LEDs start flashing, the capacity is used up and you have to change the filter cartridge, even if it has not been 6 months since the last change.
Particularly powerful with a total maximum output of up to 150 watts
Thanks to the high maximum power of the water ionizers with a maximum power consumption of up to 130 watts instead of the 90 watts usually used for household ionizers, the AquaVolta® Basic water ionizer can keep up with other, sometimes overpriced water ionizers.
Transformerless SMPS power supply for minimal heat and electrosmog load
Classic power transformers (transformers), which are widely used in water ionizers, are only designed to withstand a power supply of 100-150W/24-30V/5A. As a result, a lot of PCB program errors or malfunctions occur because individual components overheat, which generates excess current during the electrolysis process. Instead, he is consistent SMPS as power supply one which can withstand a range outside 200-230W/24-35V/10-20A.
It reduces the overheating rate of the device even with more than twice the output current compared to other devices, thereby increasing both the cost-effectiveness and safety of the device by reducing the program error rate.
Cleaning / Clean button for manual descaling and cleaning
Descaling of the electrodes through automatic polarity reversal after each use
Your water ionizer comes with a long-term warranty specified by the dealer on the invoice. The basic requirement for this is that you operate the device properly. Warranty claims will also be void for a coffee machine and any other electrical water treatment device if you do not adhere to the intervals for descaling procedures specified for your local water hardness.
Every time active water is produced in the electrolytic cell, a fine layer of limescale forms on the negatively charged electrodes, which would become thicker each time if it is not removed. The positively charged electrodes, on the other hand, repel lime particles. Therefore, the AquaVolta® Basic has an automatic electrode descaling that works using a polarity reversal process that is carried out every time the production of activated water is stopped. The polarity reversal process inside the ionizer takes 30 seconds and does not require any intervention from you.
An automatic polarity reversal also occurs if you produce more than 30 liters of active water in one go without interruption. This is to protect the electrodes. This “emergency polarity reversal” is indicated by the Clean button flashing and an acoustic signal. The water flowing out during the cleaning phase is not suitable for drinking.
We recommend that you do not produce more than 3 liters of activated water in one go. If you need more filling, you should stop the water flow and wait 30 seconds until the next start. You can also manually switch to electrode cleaning mode by pressing the CLEAN button and then opening the water supply. If you produce more than 2 liters per day, you should do this once a day, for example in the morning, for about 1 minute. This also removes the stagnant water that accumulates in the pipe at night.