Kangen Water® has been a copyrighted term since 2005. This is activated water that has been treated (ionized) by devices from the manufacturer EnagicTM. Kangenwasser® is fundamental alkaline water, whereby the pH value can vary between 8,5 and 9,5. In addition, strong Kangen Water® with a pH value of around 11 can also be produced; However, this is not suitable for drinking, but is used as a textile cleaning agent or for washing food.
Kangen® water and its benefits
Fundamentally, Kangen Water® is similar to the so-called hexagonal water, characterized by three essential properties that are positive for human health:
- Thanks to its slightly alkaline pH value, it helps to deacidify the organism - an important quality given today's diet, which is predominantly characterized by acidic pH values.
- It has a high anti-oxidant effect and therefore helps to eliminate free radicals in the body.
- It forms particularly small molecule clusters, which allows water to penetrate better into human cells, where the body needs it.
How Kangen® water can be made
Kangen Water® can also be produced in private households without much effort. Devices from the LevelukTM product line from EnagicTM are used for this purpose. These are simply connected to the water pipe and treat the water using electrolysis – similar to commercially available water ionizers. The main difference is that LevelukTM machines can also produce highly acidic water, suitable for sterilizing food or cleaning glass surfaces.
Investing in such a device can be worthwhile for private households that want to process their regular tap water into extremely digestible drinking water over several years or use it for various cleaning purposes.
Below you will find an excerpt from a book by Karl Heinz Asenbaum, who deals with the topic of Kangen Water® in detail.
Ralf H.: What is the difference between Kangen Water® and activated water?
- Kangen Water® is the brand name for activated water, protected by the traditional Japanese company EnagicTM since 2005, which was produced using a device from this manufacturer. These devices, for example offered in Europe by structural distributors under the type name LevelukTM, are similar to the water ionizers from other manufacturers in terms of structure and electrolysis performance. The term Kangen® water is only used in the operating instructions for alkaline active water pH 8,5, pH 9, pH 9,5 and pH 11. Filtered and acidic water is not referred to as Kangen® water there. Kangen® water is therefore fully alkaline active water.
- However, water with pH 11 is not drinking water. Therefore, “Strong Kangen® Water” (pH 11) comes with a warning not to drink it. You should use it to remove stubborn greasy stains, wash fish, meat and vegetables and clean the floor.
- But there is a special feature of the LevelukTM devices: to produce “Strong Acidic Water” (—> Anolyte) and “Strong Kangen Water” (—>Catholyte), the devices are equipped with a liquid tank into which an “Electrolysis Enhancer for producing strong acidic water” manufactured exclusively by the Enagic Osaka Factory is filled, which is mixed with the water in the correct dosage when the appropriate operating level is selected.
- This liquid electrolysis enhancer differs from an ordinary saline solution (NaCl) in water in that it also contains sodium hypochlorite (NaClO - hypochlorous acid or "Eau de Labarraque").
Sodium hypochlorite, for example, is the main active ingredient in disinfecting and bleaching household cleaners and is also advertised as “active chlorine”.
- I can't see a need for this addition, since when adding table salt to any water ionizer with a feed shaft for salt crystals, large quantities of hypochlorous acid are produced in the anode chamber anyway.
Hypochlorous acid is a key effective factor of Anolyt in terms of the disinfecting power of oxidative water.
I suspect that the hypochlorite additive in the “Electrolysis Enhancer” serves primarily to keep the saline solution in a germ-free state over a long period of time before use. The bottles also have no expiry date.
- Industrial devices for producing anolyte also work with liquid salt (brine), as this can be dosed more precisely using a so-called “Venturi pump” than by adding crystal salt, which dissolves in the water in different quantities and speeds.
- Unlike industrial devices, which have precise flow control of the feed water, the water flow cannot be precisely controlled with LevelukTM devices because there is no real-time flow display.
So you have to use the tap lever according to your feeling, as the device can only be connected with a deflection aerator.
So you don't get a precisely predictable result.
The problem can be solved with an alternative —> Water connection control, which ensures precise regulation of the flow and thus constant results.